Friday, September 10, 2010

Designer Spotlight: Concept Korea S/S 2011 Collection

Concept Korea is a collaboration between three prominent Korean designers; Ju Young, Kwak Hyun Joo and Lee Jean Young. Their S/S 2011 collection is Asian fashion at its best in terms of quirkiness, colorfulness and sense of style. Reminds me a lot of Japanese fashion (cartoons on clothes), I mean even Pucca made an appearance!

The Wonder Girls were sitting front row at the show, all looking fabulously styled. Those girls are so pretty.

Pucca!
A new way to wear ruffles.

I just love this shade of orange!

I can see myself playing tennis in this blue dress, so eyecatching it'll distract my opponent xD


The overall collection had very futuristic, colorful and loud feel to it, really great concept haha. Some outfits looked a bit busy but I still had some favorites. I wasn't a huge fan of the entire Resurrection collection by JuYoung though, perhaps it was a bit too dark and punk for my taste. The Pucca collection by Kwak Hoon Joo was really cute and looks like a good contender to compete with the whole Hello Kitty craze.


Photo Credits go to Zimbio/Getty Images, view the rest of the collection including menswear, click here.
I rate this collection 3/5 runways.

No comments:

Post a Comment