Saturday, December 11, 2010

Raid My [Mom's] Closet Saturday

Happy Saturday Everyone! Last weekend, I found an old suitcase in my mom's closet that contained all her old (vintage) clothes from the 80's and 90's. Lucky for me her old size is my current size and her 'old' clothes became my 'new' clothes. Here are a couple of looks I put together with the vintage clothes from Hong Kong and my own stuff ;)

Mom's vintage cardigan and high-waisted skirt, floral top from Mandee's

Mom's vintage high-waisted trousers, Ann Taylor Loft cardigan, Kenneth Cole ruffle top, H&M belt

Armitron charm bracelet watch
Mom's vintage striped skirt and silk blouse, H&M earrings

I need to cut my "Beiber bangs"! xD It's interesting to see what my mom used to be into fashionwise, a classic minimalist which is similar to the style that I prefer, nothing too flashy or crazy. The trousers she used to buy are a lot like Harem pants (See my post on that trend here), wide on the top, slim on the bottom. I think my favorite finds were the skirts. It's hard to share clothes with my mom nowadays since she's a 6 and I'm a 2, so it was exciting to find her old clothes. Hope this post inspires some of you to do some digging, you never know what you might find :)

No comments:

Post a Comment