Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Drama Fashion: No Regrets

If you are interested in vintage clothing then this blog post is for you!
I started watching this Hong Kong TVB drama last week and it is soooo dramatic. It takes place during the 1940's in Guangzhou, China (which I find, has the best fashion in Chinese history because that was when eastern and western styles began to merge) during a time where crooked cops worked with the mafia (Sheren Tang plays The "Godsister") and the Japanese starts a war with the Chinese. I'm up to episode 11 and I have a headache from all the yelling that goes on in every episode but I'm really liking the costumes in this series. The costume designers/stylists didn't skimp on the details, especially when dressing Sheren Tang, the star of the show. Below are some of my favorite looks from "Miss Nine."

Don't know how historically accurate it was for a woman to be in menswear during the '40's but it makes her look more powerful than Wayne Lai's character (right).

This white jacket is probably my favorite, she's worn it in a couple of scenes, can't tell from this picture but it has floral pattern on it, simply gorgeous!

This red dress looks a lot like something my mother had in the '70's, love the bold red color!

The jacket with the slits is so 2010! Recently saw something similar in a fashion magazine!

A better look at Sheren's bright blue cape/jacket; looks like something we can wear today.

I noticed that they have Sheren in the brightest outfits, while everyone else in the mafia wears dark/muted clothing. It gives her a sense of power over everyone else and makes her stand out more in group scenes. I really hope Sheren wins best actress again this year at the TVB Anniversary Awards, very well deserved!
Hope you guys enjoyed my vintage fashion post! ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment